The Bradley Forest Recreation Association met on Saturday April 10, 2021 from 10 a.m. to noon. The purpose of the meetings was to pay annual dues, exchange keys to the Run and hold officer elections. Unfortunately no one stayed longer than to get the key and pay dues. The officers will continue in the present positions until next year’s meeting.
- President – Liz Knox
- Vice President – John Youngblut
- Secretary/Treasurer – Anne Melville
- Board of Directors – Doug Ramey
If any member in good standing would like a copy of the 2020 Income and Expense Report contact Anne Melville via email. Use the email she used to send reminders about the meeting
One member asked what their dues are used for:
- In order to keep the land at the clubhouse and at the run we are required to maintain both properties keeping them mowed and presentable
- Pay for electric and gas at the clubhouse
- Pay for maintenance of the clubhouse building
- File and pay annual state corporation report and fees
- Removal of downed/dangerous trees
- Purchase of lock and keys for same. Locks are rotated and rekeyed when possible.
- webhosting and domain name fees
- Supplies for the fishing tournament (when held) including rods, reels, tackle boxes for the children, food for children after the tournament
What is asked of members?
- help clean up at the run and clubhouse
- don’t leave trash at the run or clubhouse
- park inside the gates at the run
- Do not block access to the boat ramp.
- Most important of all Volunteer officers do not get paid to hold office. We need your help!
A special thank you to members Mrs. & Mrs. Lyons who conducted a clean up of the boat ramp and the back gate to pond on Smithfield road areas on Sat. 20 Mar. They also cleaned up the bridge and the approaches to the bridge. They collected 5 bags of trash, several pieces of scrap metal, construction debris, and a rusted out gasoline tank. Mr. Lyons pulled a motor cycle out of the run. At another time they picked up the 4 tires that were dumped down by the boat ramp area and took them to the dump.
Mr. Thornton has volunteered to pick up the motor cycle body at the run and dispose of it.
BFRA officers met via email and agreed that one of the trees near the water at the run was dead and posed a threat to members using the run. It was unanimously agreed to pay for the tree to be cut down. The tree was removed on 6/10/2020. The Club President paid $500.00 to Lester Heath for the removal of the tree. The Secretary/Treasurer will write a check from club funds to reimburse her.
Respectfully submitted, Anne Melville Secretary/Treasurer
Due to Coronoavirus, it was decided to not hold the BFRA annual meeting until a later date. The key exchange took place on Saturday April 25, 2020 outside the club house. Members were required to wear masks and observe social distancing.
We will have a brief meeting on Saturday April 27 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the clubhouse to collect old keys and pass out new ones.
Due to the large number of keys which do not get returned, a $25 refundable key deposit will be added this year for all members and from this point forward for all new members. Each member will need to fill out and sign a new copy of the rules and the release of liability form. I will have them with me.
I will be changing the lock Saturday morning (April 27th) before the meeting. As always you may make out your check to Bradley Forest Recreation Association; we will also accept cash. Please let me know if you have an questions or concerns. Don’t forget to bring your 2018 key with you.
We will hold our annual meeting on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at the club house. The lock on the Run will be changed before the meeting starts. To renew your membership bring your old key and a check made out to Bradley Forrest Recreation Association or $100 cash for the 2018 dues.
Get Ready, Our 2017 Fishing Derby is around the corner. August 19th from 8am to 12PM, MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
All kids ages 6-16 and their Families are welcome!
Lunch will be provided at Noon at the Manassas Moose Lodge.
All Participants are encouraged to bring their own Fishing Poles. If you do not own one, we will provide one.
All Participants will receive a Prize! (1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a Trophy!)
Pre-register by filling out the required fields below. You may also register the morning of at 8am at the Manassas Moose Lodge.