The Bradley Forest Recreation Association met on Saturday April 10, 2021 from 10 a.m. to noon. The purpose of the meetings was to pay annual dues, exchange keys to the Run and hold officer elections. Unfortunately no one stayed longer than to get the key and pay dues. The officers will continue in the present positions until next year’s meeting.
- President – Liz Knox
- Vice President – John Youngblut
- Secretary/Treasurer – Anne Melville
- Board of Directors – Doug Ramey
If any member in good standing would like a copy of the 2020 Income and Expense Report contact Anne Melville via email. Use the email she used to send reminders about the meeting
One member asked what their dues are used for:
- In order to keep the land at the clubhouse and at the run we are required to maintain both properties keeping them mowed and presentable
- Pay for electric and gas at the clubhouse
- Pay for maintenance of the clubhouse building
- File and pay annual state corporation report and fees
- Removal of downed/dangerous trees
- Purchase of lock and keys for same. Locks are rotated and rekeyed when possible.
- webhosting and domain name fees
- Supplies for the fishing tournament (when held) including rods, reels, tackle boxes for the children, food for children after the tournament
What is asked of members?
- help clean up at the run and clubhouse
- don’t leave trash at the run or clubhouse
- park inside the gates at the run
- Do not block access to the boat ramp.
- Most important of all Volunteer officers do not get paid to hold office. We need your help!
A special thank you to members Mrs. & Mrs. Lyons who conducted a clean up of the boat ramp and the back gate to pond on Smithfield road areas on Sat. 20 Mar. They also cleaned up the bridge and the approaches to the bridge. They collected 5 bags of trash, several pieces of scrap metal, construction debris, and a rusted out gasoline tank. Mr. Lyons pulled a motor cycle out of the run. At another time they picked up the 4 tires that were dumped down by the boat ramp area and took them to the dump.
Mr. Thornton has volunteered to pick up the motor cycle body at the run and dispose of it.